Narrative Illustration

Project Brief:
Project Description: An animated narrative illustration that tells the revelation scene from Time Crime; a story I'm writing as a web series.
Sender: Time Crime, Marcus, Denzel, Davy, Lucy, and Maggie.
Message: The climatic scene when Marcus realizes the villain is not only his son, but also his grandson.
Audience: SciFi/Comedy, Cops and R-rated fans.
Purpose/Objective: Tell the story of how Marcus' hobby/habit of being a ladies-man can be the very thing that kills him.
Specifications: No less then 6 images/frames in an animated/illustrated video with spoken dialogue.

Thumbnails (storyboard):
12

34

56

Project:
I took photos of myself in the poses of the characters so that I could get them right. I cut 9 frames out of the beginning and kinda 3-4 frames out of the end and a frame from somewhere in the middle all to shorten it.
For example:

After taking the pictures, I traced over them. I could have used my iPad to draw over the pictures but because my external hard drive with all my pictures in it was unaccessible at the moment, I didn't want to lose the picture in my iPad. So I tilted my computer screen and traced over the picture with trace paper and a pencil. I then scanned them and digitalized them.

Once I learned I could barrow a drawing pad from the computer lab, I did so and colored the line art.

Then I took them to Photoshop to create the scenes and animate them. I also use Keynotes (the Mac equivalent of PowerPoint) to animate because Photoshop can only do side to side whereas Keynotes can do scale (zoom). After some exporting frustration, I put them all together in iMovie, edited in the text and music. And finally, this morning, I recording voice lines and sfx, threw them in there too, fixed the editing to fit and exported the final.

Final:
I know it's not completely to the requirements and I focus more on the story rather than the illustration, but here it is. I planned on having two women help me do the voices of the women in this clip but I ran out of time, so I did the voices myself and altered them. Kinda sounds bad but hell, it's done.

Let me set up the scene:
The year is 2130 and time travel is focused towards police work. Two police officers, Marcus from 1981 and Denzel from 1994, are searching for a man named Davy who's looking to control the world and creating time riffs. Once they have found him, Marcus finds out why time travel and sleeping around with the ladies is not a good combination.
Time Crime 2 snippet: meeting Davy